How Do I Know If We Are a Good Fit?
Sometimes it isn't enough to find a knowledgeable, well-accredited and experienced advisor. That just isn't enough for a successful working relationship.
In dealing with matters as potentially intimate and sensitive as personal finances, it's also very important to find someone that you feel comfortable speaking with and with whom you can be open and honest about not only "the numbers", but your hopes, family, dreams, fears, uncertainties, and future. We acknowledge what is important to you and respect your values and choices.
We take the time to listen and gain a clear understanding of your situation, then work together to develop a plan that can help you achieve your goals. When necessary, we will confront you with inconvenient or uncomfortable truths. Knowledge is power and we will provide you with the information and tools to ensure your success. Your best interest is our main goal.
You will be provided with a written agreement laying out the important terms of our work together, so there is no confusion or misunderstanding.
What is your investment philosophy?
What type of clients typically benefit the most from working with your firm?
Is there a minimum account size to do business with your firm?
What does the term “independent Financial Advisor” mean?
How are you compensated?
In a world full of confusing advertising, products and services that all look very similar, what makes you different from the banks and others?
We educate you on the pros and cons of the many investment products available. We review things like risk, liquidity, tax efficiency and true cost. Once you have this information you are in a better position to implement the appropriate strategies designed to achieve your specific goals. The plan does not stop once your investments are made. We continue to help you on an ongoing basis. We review and update your plan regularly to ensure you are on track to achieve your goals in the timeline you established.
Are you available to work with me after business hours?
How often will you be meeting with me?
How transparent and flexible are you in terms of fees?
Each client’s fees are negotiated based on the size of the portfolio and their specific needs.
Our compensation is not tied to any commission generated from the sale of any investment products. This allows you to pay fairly for the value of the advice and service you actually receive.
Do I really need a Financial Planner?
- Do you have the time and desire to sort through all the information and opportunities out there? Do you understand how those opportunities can apply to your situation?
- Can you keep up with changes to income taxes, investment products, estate laws, etc.?
- Are you receiving conflicting advice from different sources? Is your bank representative telling you something different from your insurance agent or tax preparer?
- How do you find out what is "right" for you?
- Are you unsure of where to invest? Do you want a higher return but do not want to take higher risk? What return do you need to meet your individual goals? We will provide independent and objective advice to put you on the right track to achieve your individual goals. You will know whether you are on the right track or how to get back on track.
Our clients have the peace of mind knowing that they are doing all the right things given their situation.